Thursday, January 24, 2013

TAST 2013, etc........

I am finally posting again.  I am trying to decide what projects are important to do this year.

I still want to participate in Take a Stitch Tuesday.  I still have quite a few stitches from the end of last year to do, but I have decided to slowly add those after doing the one for any given week.

I also considered doing more than one stitch on my 4" by 4" felt sampler but decided that I still like the idea of only using one stitch to create the picture.  So I will take my time catching up on the stitches I missed last year but that is OK.

Here is the first stitch of 2013:  The Knotted Feather Stitch


I loved doing this stitch--so many possibilities.  I really liked the way it looked with the linen thread that is the lighter green/yellow on the right hand side.   I also need to take seriously when thread dyers put "Not Colorfast" on their tags.  I guess they really mean it! :-)

Thanks for viewing.

4 comments:

  1. a lovely way to stitch this knotted feather stitch,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really used this stitch to its full. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both, so much. It is good to be stitching again!

    ReplyDelete